First Reconciliation Preparation
Grades 2nd – 8th
The 2019-2020 Sacramental Preparation Program registration is now closed. For information on the Sacramental Preparation Program to prepare your child to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion click on the Sacramental Preparation Program Information heading below.
Baptized Catholic children in the 2th—8th grades who have completed one year of Faith Formation classes will prepare for First Reconciliation at home with their parents. Parents will be given all the necessary resources and support.
There will be three Parent/Student Preparation Sessions, approximately once a month with First Reconciliation celebrated in mid-December. Age appropriate texts and materials will be provided at the first of the three Parent/Student Sessions.
Children/Youth must be pre-registered before the first Parent/Student Session. Registration for the Sacramental Preparation program is available from late-July to mid-September.
Requirements for registration:
• Be in at least the second grade.
• Have completed the previous year’s weekly Faith Formation classes.
• Be registered for and attending the current year’s weekly Faith Formation classes.
• Be a Baptized Catholic. Copy of child’s Catholic Baptism Certificate must be turned in during registration.
• Be attending Mass regularly (weekly).